- To raise the awareness of and enthusiasm for a career in academic medicine at Sheffield Medical School
- To maintain a research platform which enables students to participate in research happening in the University and hospitals.
- To develop avenues by which students can take steps towards a career in academic medicine by providing opportunities to build a research-orientated portfolio and acquire fundamental research skills and understanding. This is achieved by:
- Active management of the research platform in order to maximise its efficacy
- Delivery of educational workshops to enable undergraduates to develop their understanding of research and a basic research skill set
- The provision of educational resources such as on research methodology, statistics and how to present work
We are supported by senior members of the Medical School including Professor Ian Sabroe and Dr Oliver Bandmann.
The society is supported financially by contributions from the National Student Association of Medical Research (NSAMR) and Sheffield’s MedSoc, whilst the INSPIRE scheme runs in parallel with similar aims and input from this society.